My lack of Gratitude posts is not from lack of things to be grateful for. For a while there, I did have a bit more GRRRRRRR in my Gratitude than I would have liked, but still… I’m a silver lining girl. It’s always there, even if it’s tattered and hard to find.
1. Well, today happens to be the birth day of my oldest sister. I am extraordinarily grateful for her birth and for her place in my family and my life. She has given me friendship, love, comfort, guidance and been a huge role model for mothering. I thank my lucky stars for Cassy every day.
2. Time spent with my cousin Cathy who’s visiting from Massachusetts. Bonus fun of cousin spouse, Kenny being along for this visit. No one makes me laugh harder and according to my other sisters, no one makes me weirder than my Cathy.
3. Still being able to make my sister (Melanie) fall to the ground and almost pee in her pants laughing.
4. From the “Great Daddy” files… my husband made Em some new mixed “tapes” (CD’s now, of course.) How sweet is that? She loves “daddy’s music” and has spent more time listening to David Bowie, Jethro Tull, and Paul McCartney than the Wiggles. And believe me, we’ve done our time with the Wiggles!
5. My mom…. for more reasons than I can count here.
If you’d like, share something you’re grateful for this week in the comments below. I’d love to hear.